The Korean Program at SDSU announces the 2015 Hangul Day Campus-wide Essay Contest in Korean
To be eligible to enter the contest you must be:
- An SDSU student enrolled in fall 2015.
- A student not taking a Korean class (KOR 101, 201, 430) in fall 2015.
- A student learning Korean as foreign/second language.
The contest is divided into two phases:
(1) Pre-Final Phase
Choose ONE of the following topics for your essay:
- A fan-letter to your favorite Korean*
좋아하는 한국인에게 보내는 팬레터 *
*The person can be anyone you admire (e.g., a celebrity in entertainment, artist, literary, political person) and can be a historical or a currently living person.
*좋아하는 한국인은 연예인, 예술가, 작가, 정치가 등 여러방면에서 역사적인 인물이나 현재 살고 있는 사람 중에서 한 명을 선택.
- What are the significances of Korea in terms of international relations?
국제 외교관계에서 한국이 차지하는 중요성을 든다면 어떤 점들이 있나요?
Essay format and length:
- The essay must be written in Korean.
- Typed (11-12 pt.) or hand-written. The hand-writing must be clearly legible. The hand-written essay should be scanned as a pdf document.
- 1 or 2 pages. (no more than 2 pages)
- Save the file as a pdf document
To enter the contest, please fill out our submission form and attach your pdf file to it.
Submission deadline: Deadline Extended! Noon, September 22, 2015.
Evaluation will be based on the Form, the Organization, and the Content.
Results announced by email on September 28, 2015.
(2) Final 'on-the-spot' Phase
All those who passed the pre-final contest will be invited to the final 'on-the-spot' contest. Students must come to the final contest site/time to be considered for final evaluation. Neither remote participation nor other arrangement can be made.
The topics for the FINAL contest will be different from those for the pre-final contest.
Date: Friday, October 2, 2015
Time: 2 - 3:30pm
Location: Storm Hall 101
Winners for the contest will be celebrated on:
Wednesday, October 7, 2015 from 4-6pm in Aztec Student Center, Theatre 270.
View the flyer to learn more (.pdf)
For any questions, contact Dr. Soonja Choi, firstname.lastname@example.org